Monday, September 16, 2013

My Heart Skipped a Beet!

Tis the Season for Beets.  and other vegetables of course but for some odd reason beets have always had a special Place in my heart.
Every year I send out a request to friends who grew gardens that if they have spares, send them my way and Every year I get a large bag full. This year I got two bags.
I don't know what it is but they make my heart swoon and my stomach growl.
Last year I made beet biscuits that were the prettiest purple and so soft and Yummy. I also made Traditional Red Velvet cupcakes!--> Colored with Beet juice! I had Roasted Beet Burgers, beet and mushroom risottto and Beet brownies,,, I had a lot of Dessert like items.
This Year I want to focus more on Real meals!. What I've got in Mind?
Beet Stew, Beet Pizza Dough maybe even a beet pasta dough, If I can find jars I want to try my hand at pickling beets and attempting pickled carrots.  I've been reading about a beet relish but I'm uncertain on it still.

Since I use Blogger, it tells me how many people actually view my blog. My last Blog had one View.  The one before that had 5. A lot of People showed interest when I said I was going to write a blog. When I say a lot. It basically means about 5 people if I'm Lucky,
Maybe they are not seeing my posting. Maybe I'll have to tag them, I'm not sure.

This Week John was home.  He got home around 10:30 on Tuesday Morning. He finished work on Sunday and Didn't sleep until he got home.
All Tuesday He slept. It gave me plenty of time to work on finishing his Smores Cake which turned out Lovely.  Anyone who saw the Picture wanted a Bite. LOL.
For Supper though Fresh made Garlic pasta topped with a lobster and shrimp sauce. tomato based cream sauce jam packed with cremini mushrooms, fresh basil and asparagus.
We saw his parents a bit, We saw a friend of mine, we watched movies and played video games together, We went shopping and we spent the day in Manitou with my Family where I picked up Beets and other fresh vegetables from my Aunt Dorothy and Uncle Lou! It was great seeing them!
I always enjoy sitting and talking with them! It was their first time meeting John, and I think they Liked him which is nice.  I know my family is slowing warming up to him.
He left at Midnight on Sunday. He had to catch a 5am Flight. We napped before he left so I was in a fog but I was still sad when he left. But it will take a couple days to clean up the large mess he made.
I can't see the floor in our room at the moment because he left a lot of things laying round. and the kitchen is a mess because he drinks coffee, hot chocolate and tea endlessly through out the day then we manage to leave plates everywhere.... We won't even talk about his train room. I like to close the door and act like it's not even there. but I don't have to clean that mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment