Monday, September 23, 2013

I'm nuts about coconut oil and I can't seem to unstick myself from Honey

Sorry I like my lame titles. They make me giggle.
I've been learning about living more natural which sounds funny from me because I fully enjoy my Dr.Peppers a little to Much. But still I always am doing something new that has fewer chemicals.
I've been doing reading about Honey and Coconut Oil. But Strangely not for use in my kitchen!.
If I'm not careful my bathroom will start looking like my kitchen!
Anyways let's Start with Honey!! I've been using it to wash my Face and Here is why!
  1. It is antibacterial and antimicrobial. It will get off any lingering nastiness that’s thinking about setting up camp on your face and creating pimples.
  2. It is slightly drying which means it helps soak up any pimples or oiliness.
  3. It is also incredibly moisturizing. Seems like a double standard, doesn’t it? But it’s true. Honey sinks into your skin and moisturizes like you wouldn’t believe. (Remember Cleopatra and her honey baths to look young?)
  4. It imparts all kinds of beneficial enzymes that work at scrubbing your face for you, as well as perform a little anti-aging action.
  5. It’s great for acne, aging skin, normal skin, dry skin … honey loves EVERY SKIN TYPE.
  6. It is healing and helps repair acneic sores and scars.
  7. It’s 100%, absolutely, positively natural, great for your skin, and such a SIMPLE addition to your routine!
I have also been reading about it to wash my hair! But I've read a lot of Mixed reviews.  After getting rid of Shampoo,  Your Body seems to get confused and your hair gets dull then oily then suddenly transforms into beautiful Silky Locks But it doesn't seem to work for every one and From the reviews, It works for Some people for a bit but then completely stops working but it's supposed to stop Dandruff which is a huge bonus since I Struggle with it.  I am tempted to try it but I don't want to go through the dull hair faze.I can't seem to decide if I want to Mix something up or just use straight honey. Straight honey is fine but some claim adding Apple cider vinegar and pure aloe vera makes for insane smooth hair. But I do Love how it makes my face feel, I get a healthy glow! I feel so clean and if I lick my lips, I taste of Honey,. lol


Now Coconut Oil. My oh My. I wish I had stumbled onto it earlier!
The health benefits of coconut oil include hair care, skin care, stress relief, cholesterol level maintenance, weight loss, boosted immune system, proper digestion and regulated metabolism. It also provides relief from kidney problems, heart diseases, high blood pressure, diabetes, HIV, and cancer, while helping to improve dental quality and bone strength. These benefits of oil can be attributed to the presence of lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid, and their respective properties, such as antimicrobial, antioxidant, anti-fungal, antibacterial and soothing qualities.
I'm still learning about it. But I've been trying to use it as a face moisturizer though I feel funny about putting it on.
And I've tried Oil Pulling a bit which is supposed to be a form of detoxing your body of toxins but also helps with teeth problems. I've been trying to get into it but using raw coconut oil is odd because you put a solid piece into your mouth and it feels oily for a second then it melts and acts like water and it leaves your mouth feeling really clean after but I can't get past feeling it melt into my mouth. It really weirds me out.  I hope to get into a better routine of it and stick to it.
Reading about it. Some Rub it onto their scalp because it stops dandruff and some use it as a lotion.
And some eat it by the Spoon full Claiming it helps them lose weight (Can anyone say Natural laxative?) but that it helps with memory and more.
I want to try it for the helping with memory but I want to find a pill or something because I'm not so keen or eating a spoonful of oil. But heck it would keep me Regular!

Now I haven't spent any time in my kitchen this week and I am being Serious about this. I've used maybe 3 plates for the past week. one night I heated a burger up and one night I ate noodles.
I fully admit that living alone makes me unmotivated to do wonders in the kitchen because I have no one to enjoy it. I've been living how I used to when I was Single. Go to work in the morning and have a bowl of soup. Go home in the afternoon, Go back to work, have another bowl of soup, Come home and eat something quick that involves hardly any effort like fruit, oatmeal, popcorn, pizza..... Horrible choices I know but when I don't need to impress anyone with my killer skills, I don't. When I cook for myself, I only see the errors and the corrections that are needed and don't enjoy it the way it should. I do plan to get around to the things I've talked about but it takes a little more time.

     It doesn't help with the fact that since He's Left this time around, Everything seems So Different. Time is going slower, I feel more lonely(This Empty house is driving me insane) and I can't sleep.  
I stay up late, not even doing anything important. and if I try to sleep, I seem to stare at the ceiling for hours. I eventually pass out around 3 or 4am then am awake by 8:30ish. Where I stay in bed and hope to drowse but it doesn't happen.
I can only watch So Much Netflix and I watched all the episodes of Drop Dead Diva, Weeds and some thing else. I've watched countless hours on top of that. Ive been working on the train room, taking it apart isn't so fun but it passes the time.  I listen to music.  I've folded and put away all john's things.  Maybe I'll try to defeat Yoshi's Island on my DS?
I don't have friends in town and my attempts at making friends at work seem to fail. The one girl I was attempting to make friends with, Moved away without telling anyone except Steve and another girl I work with, Whom I have great convos at work with, doesn't ever want to hang out, outside of work. I invited her to go to some bar event on Friday and she told me she had to paint her truck.. lame Right. and I saw her Truck today. She lied. She didn't paint her truck.  Tim has been to busy with his new life and attempting to play Family, expecting a new baby is prolly hard to get organized for though.  Shaun and I had a falling out.... I've  been reading a book a day again. Which passes the time a little.

  With that Note of books, I got my eyes checked today. And As predicted, I need glasses full time. So I have to buy new glasses. and I really don't know what style I want or what even looks good on me. Who wants to go glasses shopping with me?

Maybe tomorrow I'll whip up a batch of beet Brownies and give them to my neighbor?  It's something right?

No comments:

Post a Comment