Sunday, September 1, 2013

Do it Yourselves Wow Me!

I know I know, I'm a Hippie but you know what? I'm a happy Hippie.  I love what I use my spare time to Do.
 
Every day I am Learning New things that I can do myself. From the comfort of my own home. And Some people may think it's a waste of time.  But I adore it. 
A couple months ago I learned how to make my own Tortillas! and I already knew how to make my own low sodium Taco Seasoning! And I've never once regretted learning it. I have not eaten a bought Tortilla since.  I learned how to make home made Ginger Ale though people found it a bit odd, I quite Liked it myself....
I Spend a lot of time googling how to do these things.

And it is One of my Goals.  To make most of the things I use daily.
I love taking baths so I learned to make my own bath salts and Fizzing bath bombs!
I've learned to make my own yeast and how to make it like the store bought stuff<-- I have not started to make it at home yet. It's in the trail stage
I don't like a bunch of preservatives in my food so I'm expanding on baking and cooking knowledge and putting some of the stuff I learned in Siast to Work.  I make my own salad dressing, my own mayos, I've recently been experimenting with homemade mustard and ketchup!
Though I have to Learn how to Can stuff still. But I am hoping to learn that stuff. I have the Book knowledge but the practical part I have yet to do.

Most Recently I've been reading up on detergents, shampoos, Dryer Sheets! 
All these constantly amaze me and Excite me! When I discover something new, I look forward to trying it out myself.   Everything is so trial and Error but i find it so.... Liberating...?  

When I was in Siast Learning away, I talked to a lot of people in the trade.  A lot of people Lose their passion for cooking after cooking in the industry for a while. I'm not saying everyone but a fair few leave it. For a bit I worried that would be me. Specially after starting work in a restaurant and was told that Everything I learned in Siast was useless.  Later I found out that women was just being a bitch and I did use some of my training. 

I took a break from Cooking because I thought I needed it. But I was so Wrong. I didn't need a break from Cooking. I needed to be away from Chick Allan's.  From the negative cooking staff. Away from Steve,
The whole time I was away from it, I talked about it like I was still there. And even though I wasn't there, in my Dreams I was. I talked about it, thought about it and dreamed about cooking constantly. 
At this current time, I am still away from cooking and prolly won't be going back for some time because there are other plans on the table. 
Actually there are alot of plans on the table and we'll fly with the ones that actually works. 
No Matter Where I end up, As Long as I have my Kitchen, I will be happy.

List Of things I want to Make/Learn
Canning->
       Ketchup
       Mustard   
       Salsa
Shampoo
Detergent-> Laundry, and dish
Dryer Sheets
Tooth Paste
Face cleanser and toner
Zit Cream
body Lotion

There is alot more I want to do! but I can't List everything or you'll be reading forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment