Tuesday, February 9, 2016

bigger and better responsibilities

I kind of feel like I've been lost. I've been on a few interesting adventures in the last year yet I have not written about them at all. I have not managed to keep you updated.  I don't even call my mother. I am not sure why I am keeping away.

As everyone knows I work at Water's Edge restaurant, A little place by the "undead Sea" of Saskatchewan and it was really hard at the beginning. Yes All new jobs are hard to start, it just felt really tough because none of them speak English in the kitchen very often. I can spend most days with the most english being spoken is with the servers. It felt so lonely, awkward and it drove me bonkers. I'd go home in tears feeling like a outcast. Slowly i got used to it.The evening head chef still ignores me and doesn't really assign me anything but he is kind of rude to everyone.  He did give me brownies and carrot cake to make that is on the menu. I took over Sunday Brunch desserts and salads myself. I spend a fair amount of time planning what i will make for sunday though lately I've taken on a much bigger task and i feel like it is playing off.

Last month I started to work on creating a breakfast menu. I've made items for one before but I've never done the price breakdowns myself and so it's been taking me a while especially since I do not have a list of prices, I've been collecting prices of things when they come in on orders. I finally get to use some of the math that I was taught in my cooking course.
 The boss has seen it and was very impressed, in fact i even managed to convince him to give me a raise,  We also will be switching our bottled greek and caesar dressing to home made stuff from your truly's recipes. 
He has hinted that would like me to start looking at working over the lunch menu. He would also like me to start making muffins, pies and other baked goods for the cafe at the other side of the building. Currently at the cafe they use bought baked items that they defrost as they need them,  
Because I took on the breakfast menu, I am given bigger tasks and more responsibilities. Okay that isn't true.  I'm still breakfast chef, and am in charge of two other cooks.I generally make any feature that my heart desires but I don't really think I gained any responsibilities 

Yes I wrote a blog that was almost all work but I'll add in normalish stuff now.
Sherlock was neutered and had his eye surgery at the beginning of january. It was a very stressful time for him Long story short sherlock doesn't do well with being left alone in a kennel with random strangers trying to take him out to pee.  He is doing very well bonus part? He isn't scared of going to the vet so it won't be a struggle for the future. 


John is well, He is enjoying his job working the crusher though since he has to pack his own lunch and make his own coffee. He doesn't always have a lunch nor coffee and rarely is it a healthy one. 
 He took on a view smaller things on the side so he is a very busy man but seems to enjoy it.

I've been attempting to getting back into the gym routine which tends to be a boring thing but you know everyone seems to think it is a general requirement, I haven't been playing world of tanks as much lately(neither is John)  

No comments:

Post a Comment