Thursday, December 4, 2014

Butternut Squash Bread, Beer Bread and DIY Soap!

Well I shared my Last Post with the Humboldt Buy, Sell and Trade because through my online surfing, Looking for great deals for our Home, People have asked why we are doing it and such. That Entry actually reached 200 Views! Which is just Crazy.  But hopefully people find it useful.

Our Trailer has windows and a door... Sort of on the door part. Can barely open it at this time!
The plastic is going slow but we finished the "bedroom" Area. It is finally coming into place Kind of.  John is aiming for us to be able to sleep in there by Sunday which is pretty darn exciting I think.
He is even making sure I will have stairs so I won't fall down in the Middle of the night.  Since I usually Pee like 3 times in a evening.
I do thoroughly enjoy having access to a Kitchen with a fridge! though I fully admit I hate the Lighting, Kind of dim in the Kitchen.. If anyone knows me, I adore a very Bright Kitchen. Screw the brightness in any other Room. My Kitchen needs to be very Bright. It is very Important to me, And John has promised to work on it to make it bright and Lovely in there.
Anyways, I have been cooking up a storm in the kitchen and Loving it.  One day I made Peanut butter Chocolate chip cookies, Almond Joy Pie,  Almond Joy Pudding, Nutella Pudding, Coconut Cream Pie, For the main meals, Chicken Noodle soup, Chicken pot Pie, Chicken stew with tarragon dumplings, Cream of Potato and Bacon, Borscht, Stuffing for a Roast Chicken Dinner, and at least three batches of Baking Powder Biscuits.
The Biscuits were a huge hit each night and the whole batch devoured in one Meal.  The Crazy part they are the fluffiest I've ever made.   I have switched to Coconut Oil instead of butter.. While using coconut oil if gives it a strong smell of coconut but the actual flavor is very Light, more noticeable if the biscuits are eaten cold.   But With coconut oil, You use it at Room Temperature and can mix it in until it resembles Corn meal and they still Turn out incredibly Flaky. You can see all the yummy layers! I've used it in Pie as well. Same Results!. But I'm pretty sure my Mother in Law is starting to think I am trying to make her fat or something with all the things I'm making.  Though she is really enjoying having food ready when she gets home from work.  Best part. She does the Dishes! I try to load and unload the dishes when I get a chance and I do some by hand.. I try to make it so she doesn't need to do a lot... Sometimes..
 Senior Dolan keeps finding Carrots in stuff and isn't a huge fan of them. He finds them evil it seems though he has gotten used to it.
Recently I've dipped my fingers into more home made bread with giant success!
Yesterday I made Chicken Barley Soup with bone marrow broth as the base. I also made a Butter Nut Squash Yeast bread. It did not raise as huge as I wanted, It had a slight orange color but you could not taste it and it had some nutritional value! Today it's Hearty Chili with Beer Bread. My bread rose really well too. It's so Sexy!

Recently John and Senior Dolan have fixed the door! No more struggles!

I have no had any Luck with finding work yet. Not a single call. It's getting me kind of down.I know John is feeling the same way well though I am enjoying the extra time I get with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment