Saturday, July 26, 2014

Our Vision

So I'm trying to find the best way to describe what we are doing with the Tiny house, Why we are doing it and such.  My family  Many People doesn't seem to get it.  
If you've never ever really Looked at Tiny Houses or even heard of them. Google them. They are more popular then you think.  
As most people know I am a Hippy... Not that I openly fully admit it otherwise some people(John) teases me about it, It isn't a thing to be ashamed of. 

Meeting John has done me a lot of good though some think he hasn't. He has let me blossom, and fully show my colors and do what makes me Happy.  In the past, I had trouble coming out of my shell and doing what I really wanted.  Past Relationship: Man who preferred A box of mac N Cheese compared to the real Stuff, It really makes your creativity stop when you make a new thing and your partner won't eat it and didn't approve on how I got to be at times. John isn't huge on some of things I make. But He lets me go and go and go. I really enjoy making things from scratch and chemical Free. Learning to make things from scratch.

Tiny Houses are affordable. By the time our home will be finished it will be about 8K. But the Best part, N
o mortgage, No Debt!  I do have debt but that is from the Car I own. I have not finished paying it off quite yet. But when we are able to move into our tiny house, it will eliminate most a large portion of what we pay per month(Rent, Power, Water, Energy).
We are planning on Living as off Grid as Possible.  John is learning about using Wind Power as well as Solar power.  When we own land, We plan to have some of everything.  Chickens(eggs, meat, Sales), Dexter Cows( Milk,Meat, Sales), Meat Rabbits( maybe, Unsure if we will like rabbit).  We would like to build a Green house as soon as possible so we can make our grow year longer if not year long.
The Fun part, Most of these things are fairly easy and not insane to expensive to set up. By using time, we can build a Chicken coop with Skids, As well as a rabbit Cage. The Green house can be scrape wood, skids,  PVC pipe even but I have been reading about different ways to build green houses. Then we can offerCSA's.  If our land is large enough, we will also hopefully have a community of sorts. 

Running to the store for milk will a be a thing of the past.  Some of things we will still need to buy( toliet paper, salt, sugar, flour...chocolate) But when we are set up properly,We won't need the store as much as we used to. 
On my To Do List is learning to make cheese. Like Cheddar, I already know how to make cream cheese, farm cheddar and Mozza. I've read about rennet and hopefully will put it to practice on how to make plant rennet not animal rennet.   
Make Water Kefir as well as normal kefir, Make more flavors of Soda, Master keeping alive Sour Dough Starter...  Etc.


John has started a new Job and he is so so so so much happier. The hours are long and it makes it harder to see each other which really sucks but it is worth it because he is happy and the money is a bit better from Colonay.  But it gives me more of a reason to spend a fair bit of time in my kitchen creating Fun Things! In the past Two weeks~ Gluten and lactose free Banana chocolate muffins, brownies, Cinnamon rice krispies, Peanut butter Rice Krispies, Apple and mixed Summer Berry Pie and Mini Pies,   Reuben "hot pockets" ,  Peanut and Chocolate Granola bars, salisbury Steaks, Stuffed pizza burgers( BP's copycat but better) with a lot more to Come.... Cheese Burger "hot pocket" with pickle and all!, more granola, Cookie Dough Muffins. Most of them are made and put away by 12:00pm of the day. Silly Closing shifts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment